A Catholic Church that embraces and welcomes diversity, and is inclusive and open to all who identify as LGBTIQ+, supporting their integration of faith, sexuality and gender identity.
We are an affirming, non-profit organisation in Melbourne, Australia that supports Catholics who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning and all of their allies. Acceptance Melbourne empowers one another through fellowship and understanding, believing in God’s love for all. We provide a safe and sacred place for spiritual growth.
- Provide a safe space for LGBTIQ+ Catholics to practice their faith
- Cultivate dialogues among individuals and communities across Australia toward a greater understanding of the issues encountered by LGBTIQ+ Catholics
- Empower one another through fellowship and understanding
- Believe that we are all made in the image of Christ, and are called to express our sexuality in a life-affirming and responsible manner
- Welcome supportive family and friends of LGBTIQ+ Catholics
How is Acceptance Melbourne run?
Acceptance Melbourne Inc is guided by our constitution. As an incorporated association registered with Consumer Affairs Victoria, we are governed by the Associations Incorporated Reform Act 2012. As per our association rules, we have an annual general meeting every year to elect a committee on a 1-year term (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, General Committee Members) who would meet regularly to make decisions for the community and ensure that with your prayers and help, Acceptance Melbourne is working towards its Vision and Mission.
Acknowledgement of Traditional Custodians
Acceptance Melbourne acknowledges the Wurundjeri people who are the Traditional Custodians of the Land on which we gather. We also pay our respects to the Elders both past, present and emerging of the Kulin Nation.